So this is going around. Thanks to Zak S. And here’s my little take on it.
1. One article or blog entry that exemplifies the best of the Old School Renaissance for me: Matt Finch’s Old School Primer.
2. My favorite piece of OSR wisdom/advice/snark: The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don’t need any rules. (Gary Gygax)
3. Best OSR module/supplement: Lamentations of the Flame Princess Referee Book (Grindhouse Edition).
4. My favorite house rule (by someone else): Here’s a whole set.
5. How I found out about the OSR: I got tired of using a spread sheet to keep track of my character in Pathfinder and started searching the Internet. It all started with discovery Castles & Crusades, OSRIC, and Labyrinth Lord. Then just one thing lead to another.
6. My favorite OSR online resource/toy: Wizardawn
7. Best place to talk to other OSR gamers: Currently, it’s MeWe after the Great G+ Exodus.
8. Other places I might be found hanging out talking games: Tenkar’s Tavern.
9. My awesome, pithy OSR take nobody appreciates enough: Roll Dice. Kill Monsters. Take Their Stuff. And have FUN! The story will happen. Just let it.
10. My favorite non-OSR RPG: Savage Worlds
11. Why I like OSR stuff: Simple, customizable, and flexible core rules with ton of content and tweaks from an amazing number of create folks.
12. Two other cool OSR things you should know about that I haven’t named yet: D&D With Porn Stars, Swords of Jordoba
13. If I could read but one other RPG blog but my own it would be: Elf Maids & Octopi
14. A game thing I made that I like quite a lot is: Gary Vs The Monsters because it’s the first “whole” game that I wrote.
15. I’m currently running/playing: Running: Sharp Swords & Sinister Spells. Playing: Call of Cthulhu: Horror on the Orient Express
16. I don’t care whether you use ascending or descending AC because: the math ain’t that hard….
17. The OSRest picture I could post on short notice:
And I’d like to add one more thought: Don’t believe everything you read on the Internet.